martedì 5 luglio 2011

Voltage doubler

This is my voltage doubler, based on a LT1054, drawn following the reference design provided by Linear Technologies:


I have implemented the circuit on a (tiny) Vero stripboard, ending up with the following thing


Honestly, it is not the neatest design ever :) But it works, and it has been fast enough to prototype and test (one lunch break). To demonstrate the functioning of the circuit, I recorded this little clip - with my phone handheld...bear with me!


There is a parasitic voltage drop, of about 1V at 12V input (theoretical 24V output). I think I will be fine with that. In the final part of the video, you can see the slow voltage drop after the input voltage is shut off. This is due to this rather large capacitor (100 uF) filtering the output of the circuit:

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento