venerdì 15 luglio 2011

NSS-Valvecaster...a-coming!

Much progress has been made and the NSS-Valvecaster is...ready :)

A *huge* "thank you!" and a hug goes to my father Mario who basically did all the wiring (as he's so much much better than me at soldering in narrow spaces!). NSS-Valvecaster would not be here without him!

I will soon post the pics of the final build. The voltage doubler works, is absolutely not noisy and to my view also very stable: your mileage as well as your opinion may vary but for this project and for my build I get a steady and consistent 22.7 V out of the 12V from the switching PSU. The "blue" channel runs with a 12AU7, the 12AT7 is already too "hot" for the crunch/semi-clean tone I want for this part of the circuit. For the second stage, so far the best candidate is a 12AX7. When driven hard by the 12AU7 it gives *a lot* of compression and a *true* distortion. This is something I would not have expected but the red channel has a really sweet distortion (not crunch) with lots of sustain and squealers. Bliss :) Next to come

1. Pictures of the build
2. Sound clips!
3. Bias points for reference
4. Study of the response of the circuit

For the moment, here is the layout I am creating

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento